Tuesday 22 August 2017

The End of Another Breastfeeding Journey

It looks like I have come to end of my breastfeeding journey with Daithí.
Sooner than I would have liked, but still long enough to be proud of.
17 months and 29 weeks pregnant isn't bad, I don't think.

I fell short of my personal goal of 1 year with Fionn by 10 days, due to having to take anti-depressants.
I managed to avoid that this time, but had set myself another personal goal of 18 months with Daithí, and quite liked the idea of giving tandem feeding a go, but again I fell short of that by about 2 weeks.

I didn't intentionally wean him, I was back in the UK for a day for a midwife appointment, and with flights and everything it was 48 hours I didn't see him. I got back to Ireland, and he just didn't really look for it. Not that there's any milk left anyway at this stage.

The pregnancy has been draining me, and I have been getting low blood pressure spells where I feel like I'm going to pass out, so it's probably for the best, but it's still an emotional time. It's nice to have my boobs back to myself, well for the next 11 weeks at least!!


No comments:

Post a Comment