Friday 15 July 2016

Adulting the Shit Out of Life



This week was fueled 100% with coffee

Most of the time I'm not fully convinced myself that I am actually a grown up. Despite Shane being certain I was never a child, but rather was born in my mid 20's and my age has only recently caught up. But I realised in a few stages, that this week I most definitely am a fully functioning, adulting adult.

So what convinced me? Well, while simultaneously keeping two children and a husband alive, dressed and fed, and a house hold in clean dishes and bedclothes I did the following;

See. . .All alive!!
I went to a committee meeting. For me growing up with parents who loved a good oul' committee meeting, nothing screams 'adult' more than attending one. I've always known organisations like my football team, don't just run themselves. It's always the same handful of volunteers who organise and arrange everything. I may not be able to keep my home in order most of the time but I am one of those people.
Organising, running, writing.  Adulting.

Daithí

I booked Daithí's Naming Day. (In a social club, that I have a fully paid-up, family membership to.) A Naming Day is a non religious alternative to a Christening/ Namaran/ Shalom Zachor. So requires all the same planning. Booking a venue, inviting people, writing a ceremony, sorting out catering, decorations, picking readings, etc. etc. etc.
All in a different country, without my Mammy. Adulting!







Romantic <3
We celebrated a wedding anniversary. In Pizza Hut. With a tantrum throwing toddler, and a baby stuck to my boob. We laughed about how things have changed. I'm not saying the romance has died after 4 years, far from it, it's just taking a break. And Shane did send a beautiful bouquet of a dozen red roses.
So, ya know. . . Adulting!








Mamam and Fionn Aprons
But what really did it for me was when I was in Ikea (there's a surprise) with the boys. I picked up some cupcake cases for the baking I'm planning on doing at the weekend, then thought about the Christmas apron I have hanging in the kitchen and said to myself, 'no, you're an adult, you need a seasonally appropriate apron', so bought Fionn and I matching ones. 
Coordinated Adulting! 




I also arranged for an estate agent to value our house, sorted out my pension after being made redundant, and commented on the fantastic drying out.

Adulting. The. Shit. Out. Of. Life.

Family Winning

No comments:

Post a Comment